Taking A Cognitive Psychology Class

This is not my first hybrid class, but it was still very enlightening and challenged my previous online courses. Unlike my previous online classes, I was challenged to record my own voice, create my own videos, use Mind Miester, create a blog, and take part in weekly labs. This course was far more interactive then any other online course that I have taken during my time in college. Of course it kept me on my toes, keeping up with the various assignments and requirements, but it allowed me to learn on a deeper level. Exploring the concepts of each chapter and module in various ways, especially through the labs and cognitive blogs. This being my first cognitive psychology course, I had learned many new concepts, including my personal cognitive function. One of the concepts that stuck with me was how the location of a function is not limited to just one area of the brain. I also learned that it serves as a greater function, such as protecting the functions and allowing for a greater chance of restoration. Connectivity allows people to gain lost functions, such as memory. Without localization, damage would be detrimental and severe, in which individuals would have little hope in restoration. In my opinion, there weren't any assignments that were not to my benefit or that didn't help me gain any knowledge on the various concepts. Overall I really enjoyed this course and would recommend it to anyone who asked.

Comments