Do I Really Need That Purse???

Of course being a girl who loves to shop, I find myself having the same old debate with my inner thoughts. Should I buy this item? Do I deserve the item of interest? Can I afford this item? Shouldn't I be saving my money for better things? Lets be real, who hasn't made a budgeting plan and it be totally forgetting the minute you see something "you have to have". For example, I have been rehearsing the same speech in my head every time I enter a store, I must save money and I am only there to buy the essentials. Yet, the other day when I was at the hallmark store buying my mom a christmas present, I came across a gorgeous wintery Vera Bradley wallet. My initial thought was to keep walking and concentrate on the task at hand. There was only one problem, my task only distracted me for a couple of minutes. Once I had my mother's gift in my hand, my eyes automatically were glued to the wallet once again. My sister was still perusing around the store, giving me the time to walk over and pick it up. My mental debate began and soon enough I was using deductive reasoning to why I absolutely need to waste money on an overpriced wallet. I told myself that people get through their day much easier when they have everything organized and are able to carry everything in one thing. Therefore, to make my day easier and to fit everything I need into one wallet, I would need to buy this new bigger wallet then the one that I already had. My justification over buying the brand name wallet was so I could "function" better throughout my work schedule and that it was a good investment. Of course I only wanted it for the physical appearance and trendiness the product gave off. It wasn't a terrible decision, but it definitely wasn't the smartest or savviest decision either.

Comments